YiQ Application

YiQ_logo YiQ-2014 Banner_1

Application Form

 Download YiQ-2018 Flyer           Download YiQ-2018 Program

Apply before one of the application deadlines (priority will be given to earlier applicants)

YiQ-2014 Banner_2

2018 YiQ Program Details

The latest information will be posted on this page. If you have a question that is not answered here, please contact us.

Who is Eligible?

Students who have at least completed 8th grade and are between 14 and 17 years old. Preference is given to students who have taken at least one natural science (physics, chemistry or biology) or engineering class and who are going into 11th or 12th grade.

Application Deadlines

  • Early Bird:    March 30, 2018   (receive $200 tuition discount)

  • Regular:         April 30, 2018


  • IUPUI – Indiana University – Purdue University Indianapolis

  • Alivio Medical Center (2060 N Shadeland Ave., Indianapolis, IN)

Program Dates

  • June 6, 2018:  Parents and Students Orientation

  • June 7, 2018:  Summer Program Starts at IUPUI

  • June 18 to June 23, 2018:  Students Stay in IUPUI Dorms

  • June 23, 2018:  Young Innovators Ceremony (Students Presentations)

  • June 25 to June 29, 2018:  Students Meet to Work on their Projects at Alivio Medical Center

  • June 30, 2018:  YiQ Summer Program Ends

  • August 15, 2018 – April 30, 2019: YiQ Scholars (Optional Mentored Research Program)

Program Times

From 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM during the days students are not staying on campus overnight.

From 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM during the days students stay on campus overnight.

Program Tuition

$950 per student.

This amount represents about 40% of the total cost per student, the other 60% of the cost is covered by grants and donations. From these grants and donations we have created a fund to offset the cost of the program for families that request financial assistance. The level of financial assistance will depend on available funding and level of need. Each student may request up to $725 to offset the cost of the program. Program fee for out-of-state students is $1,900. Students are also encouraged to seek sponsorship from other foundations, schools, businesses and organizations.

To qualify for financial assistance a family will have to demonstrate economic hardship by providing evidence (e.g. student’s participation in free and reduced meals at school, federal income tax returns, any document showing recurring expenses like mortgage, rent, student debt, etc.). We will consider financial assistance for families with a gross income below 200% of Federal Poverty Levels (https://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty-guidelines) and/or students who are currently participating in Free and Reduced Meals programs.

Program fee includes workshops, industry visits, use of laboratory equipment, materials, one week of meals, and one week of overnight stay at the campus dorms. The program fee is collected only when the student is accepted into the program. Program fee is non-refundable after the program starts.

Young Innovators Quest (YiQ) Program Objectives

1. Motivate and train high school students to become innovators in fields of science and technology.
2. Create an environment of research and creativity among participants.
3. Promote the importance of networking and teamwork.
4. Generate new concepts, ideas, and technologies for the development of new products and services.

After the students graduate from the Young Innovators Quest summer program, they may become YiQ Scholars and continue working on their specific research projects during the school year. Health and Science Innovations will provide direction, support and opportunities for YiQ Graduate and YiQ Scholars during the following academic year. All YiQ Graduates can count on the guidance and support of Health & Science Innovations during their academic career, and are regularly invited to STEM and social events throughout the year.

Example of Subjects Covered During the Summer (varies each year)

The YiQ summer program offers over 135 hours of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) education enrichment activities for participants. The following list is representative of topics covered in the past. Topics and activities are tailored to the interests of the participants and will depend on each years pool of applicants.

Genetics   |   Medicine   |   Neuroscience   |   Engineering   |   Biotechnology   |   Patent Law   |   Physics   | Scientific Communication   |   Science Research   |   Forensics   |   Nanotechnology | College Life | STEM Skills


For more information please contact us at contact@scienceinnovations.org or Apply Now. Further application instructions can be found in the online application.